Great Sankey High School fully recognizes its responsibilities for child protection.
Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.
The six main elements of our policy are to:
- Ensure we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers who work with children.
• Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
• Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
• Support pupils in accordance with the agreed child protection plans
• Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
• Ensure the delivery of quality safeguarding training to all permanent staff, and keep this updated.
The school places a high priority on keeping children safe when they are in our care.
The members of The Safeguarding Team at Great Sankey High School are Mrs. J Malone ( Designated Safeguarding Lead), Mrs. P Crawley, Mr. P Masher, Mrs. N Treanor and Mr. C Wright.
Great Sankey High School continually seeks to strengthen communications with parents, carers and pupils so concerns relating to any part of school life can be raised at any time with a child’s form tutor.
However, if concerns related to child protection or safeguarding, they should be raised directly with Mrs. J Malone.
A copy of the child protection policy is available on the school website (under About Us – Policies)