As parents or carers you are the largest influence in your children’s lives and development and as such we recognise, and welcome, the importance of working very closely with you. We aim to fully engage you in your child’s education with the aim of improving communication to maximise achievement. A wide range of effective home school links are in place which reflect the diverse nature of the community we serve.
Our parent-school partnerships are based around the following objectives:
- Being a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- Promoting an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- Holding and actively promoting enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- Providing good induction for all new parents.
- Providing parents with relevant and user friendly guidance and information to help them support their child’s learning.
- Producing and implementing parent/carer friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation from school.
- providing good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
- Constantly evaluating our own performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award criteria.
If you have any comments or queries regarding any school activity or relating to the education and welfare of your son or daughter, please do not hesitate to contact us.